North Pole, North Country — seems easy to see why Santa’s Village is located in Jefferson. That’s partly true. In the early ’50s, park founders Normand and Cecile Dubois wanted to do something unique in the region. When Normand saw a deer cross the road, the idea was born that Santa and his reindeer could very well call the North Country home.
The park opened on Father’s Day in 1953 and originally offered pony rides, a show featuring Francis the Famous Mule and Santa Claus, who was accompanied by reindeer and elves. By the late ’60s, the amusement park also included playgrounds, restaurants and more attractions. In 1974 Normand and Cecile retired, handing the park over to son-in-law Michael Gaynor.
Over time the park grew to what we know today — filled with rides like the Chimney Drop, bumper cars, Yule Log Flume and many more modern attractions. You can visit all year long, but Christmastime — with its 400,000 Christmas lights and a slate of festivities — is perhaps the best time to make the trip.
Bundle up and head to Jefferson for some holiday fun including rides, visits with Santa, shopping and more. Tickets can be purchased here.
Here are a few things you can look forward to while visiting Santa’s Village during Christmastime:
- Santa visits with the children, making sure to note each child’s wishes
- Thousands of twinkling lights at the beautifully-lit park
- Rides including Skyway Sleigh Monorail, Santa’s Express Train, Antique Cars, Merry Christmas Ferris Wheel, SS Peppermint Twist, Chimney Drop, Hot Shots Fire Brigade, Great Humbug Adventure and many more
- 3-D show “A Tinkerdoodle Christmas” featuring L. Fastidious Tinkerdoodle as he prepares Santa for his yearly journey on Christmas Eve
- Stores open for holiday shoppers
2022 Christmastime dates and times for Santa’s Village:
Insider’s tip: Sundays are usually less busy so take advantage of the smaller crowds!
|Saturday, November 12||11 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Sunday, November 13||11 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Saturday, November 19||11 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Sunday, November 20||11 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Friday, November 25||11 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Saturday, November 26||11 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Sunday, November 27||11 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Saturday, December 3||11 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Sunday, December 4||11 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Saturday, December 10||11 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Sunday, December 11||11 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Saturday, December 17||11 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Sunday, December 18||11 a.m. to 6 p.m.|